May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
A classic sandwich that’s super easy to make.
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 can whole tomatoes, 28 oz.|
|1 bottle barbecue sauce, 18 oz.|
|3 lb. chuck roast, trimmed|
|Salt, to taste|
|Fresh ground black pepper, to taste|
|12 hamburger buns|
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven set over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion; cook for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add tomatoes; coarsely chopping as you add to pot.
- Increase heat to medium high, add barbecue sauce, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chuck roast. Bring to a low simmer. Cover and cook for about 3 hours, until meat is very tender. Stir occasionally while roast cooks.
- When roast is very tender transfer to a large bowl or plate. Using two forks shred or separate the meat into small pieces. Set aside.
- Increase heat to medium or medium-high and reduce the liquid in the Dutch oven, stirring often, until thick.
- Put meat back in Dutch oven; stir. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >